Suspect a contractor is violating prevailing wage regulations while working on public projects?
Contact NJ ABC, and we will audit the job. Click here
Federal Department of Labor Releases Final Persuader Rule
The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) released its long-anticipated final rule that will drastically redefine “persuader” activity under Section 203 of the Labor-Management Reporting and Disclosure Act (LMRDA). The final rule is scheduled to take effect on April 25, 2016 and applies to arrangements, agreements, and payments made on or after July 1, 2016. The final persuader rule is likely to be challenged in Congress and the courts.
Please click here for complete details and how ABC can help
Looking for ways to show your commitment to preventing injuries on job sites and promote safety in construction? Join other industry leaders and participate in Safety Week
2016, May 2-6!
Download the Idea Book for events and activities to hold throughout the week, from commitment pledges and project visits to events and activities that can help you promote safety in your community:
- Invite OSHA on site to discuss injury statistics and other industry items.
- Host a Safety Roadshow and invite vendors to showcase new tools and safety equipment.
- Hold safety training sessions (fall protection, ladder safety, etc.)
Check out the tools and resources
available to participants, including a social media toolkit, banner ads and more, and plan your safety week activities today.
New Philadelphia OSHA Requirements
For those who may be unaware by April 1, 2016 All licensed contractors will need to ensure that:
- All workers performing construction activities, for which permits have been issued, are required to complete OSHA 10 safety training.
- All contractors licensed under Section 9-1004 of the Philadelphia Code must employ at least 1 Supervisory person who has completed OSHA 30 safety training within the last 5 years
- Click here for New Safety Training Requirements