ABC-NJ proudly announces the first-ever CORE program!
stay tuned for details of the next core class!
What is CORE?
The NCCER Core Curriculum is a prerequisite to all other Level 1 craft curriculum. Its modules cover topics such as Basic Safety, Communication Skills and Introduction to Construction Drawings. Completing this curriculum gives the trainee the basic skills needed to continue education in any craft area he or she chooses.
- Enhanced Safety: fall protection, construction safety, construction site job hazards, dealing with job hazards, aerial work, electrical safety, hazard communication and fire safety
- Construction Math: reading a tape measure, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of: whole numbers, fractions and measurements, decimals and percentages
- Hand/Power Tools: most commonly found in the construction industry, including drills, saws and other miscellaneous tools, all of which will be used in three hands-on projects
- Introduction to Blueprint Reading: how to understand and navigate a print
- Employability Skills: how to keep your job
- Communication Skills: how to make sure people know what you want or need
- Identifying Roles: both the individuals and the companies in the construction industry
- Material Handling: proper handling techniques and procedures as well as potential hazards